Monday, October 11, 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Blondies

I wanted to bake for a couple of reasons. One was I wanted to make a sweet treat for my husband and the other was I wanted to use my new mixer.  I was comfortable, at home, and wanted to use ingredients I had on hand,  Prominently featured in my pantry was a partial bag of Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips.

The food muse that gets in my head told me to make Blondies.  Blondies?  I have never made Blondies and I'm pretty sure I've never eaten one.  So, I turned to my friend, Google, to help me find a recipe.  I was most intrigued by one I saw at allrecipes.com because it also had peanut butter, which Pritchard Parker loves. 

I did change a few things about the recipe.  For one, it called for margarine, which I don't use, so I substituted butter. Another thing is the recipe called for 2 cups of white sugar; I used 1 cup plus one-half cup of brown sugar. Finally, the recipe called for chunky peanut butter and I used creamy. They were delicious!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Blondies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat over to 350 degrees and line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter until smooth.  Combine the flour and baking powder the stir into the peanut butter mixture.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spread the dough out flat on the prepared pan.  Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the top looks dry.  Cool in pan, then cut into squares.



3 comments:

  1. My husband prefers blondies over brownies and adores peanut butter as do the kids. These bars would be a huge hit in our home and I will have to give them a try the next time the kids crave something with chocolate chips :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have chocolate chips, will serve these on Tuesday for our family birthday pot luck, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was talking about peanut butter blondies with my aunt earlier today so, im really happy to see this post. it looks really amaizing. thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete