Sunday, February 3, 2013

Avocado & Bacon Sandwiches



My mouth started watering when I saw this sandwich on Pinterest. I followed the link to the blog, Panini Happy.  Blogger, Kathy drizzled olive oil on rustic bread and toasted it in a Panini press. I had a  loaf of LaBrea Bakery French bread, freshly baked at Harris Teeter, which I decided not to toast and I used butter rather than olive oil. Pritchard Parker opted out of the butter because he thought the bacon and avocado provided adequate fat. True, but nonetheless, the butter really works. 

These simple sandwiches were surprisingly wonderful. The squeeze of fresh lime juice and sprinkling of sea salt really added the final touch.  I served them with the Citrus Salad I already wrote about. It was a supper we were still talking about days later. 




Avocado & Bacon Sandwiches
Bread, your choice
Butter or olive oil, if desired
Ripe avocado
Crispy bacon
Fresh lime
Sea salt

Spread butter or drizzle olive on bread. Toast if desired. Top with bacon and a generous amount of avocado, smashing it onto the bacon. Top with freshly squeezed lime juice and sea salt. 



1 comment:

  1. Isn't even avocado alone always just fantastic on toast? With a slight sprinkle of salt. Yum!

    ReplyDelete