Saturday, March 20, 2010

Amazing Waffle Stack

I do not wake up hungry, never have, don't want to eat right away, and don't even want to think about food. My husband, with his turbo metabolism, gallops straight from bed to the kitchen and starts eating the first thing in sight. I can manage preparing a pot of tea, otherwise I'm afraid he is on his own.

A weekend favorite is a stack of toaster waffles--preferably Eggo Nutrigrain, loaded with butter, peanut butter, and jam, applesauce, or apple butter. I've seen this concoction, in my sleepy, morning indifference, so many times I never really paid attention to it.

Then one Saturday morning, Alice saw Pritchard Parker's breakfast. She didn't say anything, of course. But later, and on several subsequent occasions, she spoke to me about that amazing stack of waffles, and about how her eyes practically bugged out by the quantities of his toppings. One day she said I should take a picture of it and post it on my blog.

When I told my husband I wanted to do it, he felt a little shy about it. But he was a good sport this morning, and held his plate out for me to photograph, before eating. Here is his recipe.

Amazing Waffle Stack
4 toaster waffles
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup jam, applesauce, or apple butter

Toast waffles. Place first waffle on serving plate and top with 1/4 cup peanut butter. Top with second waffle and coat with butter. Top with third waffle and add another 1/4 cup peanut butter. Finally, top with fourth waffle and spread with 1/2 cup jam, applesauce, or apple butter.

2 comments:

  1. Those are my kind of waffles! I will have to try your husband's recipe some time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all right, that's a stack I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete