Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cherry Club Sandwich

This is the official sandwich of my club. No, wait, my club doesn't have an official sandwich. Oh, and I don't have a club. Never mind. I'm pretty sure I've never made a club sandwich before, in fact, I don't know that I have ever even eaten one. But for whatever reason (the wind?) I decided that's what I was going to make.

I am also thinking about, and eating, cherries a lot. I still had a couple of jars of preserved Ranier cherries from last summer, so incorporated them into my sandwiches. If you are not familiar with the pretty, sweet, golden Rainier cherry, keep your eyes peeled and treat yourself if you see them. They are so delicious. Now back to the sandwich. . .



Cherry Club Sandwich
For each sandwich, layer, from bottom up:
1 slice toasted and buttered whole wheat bread
Few slices of smoked turkey
Few slices of thinly sliced Vidalia onion
Lettuce (the usual amount)
1 slice toasted and buttered whole wheat bread
Generous slather of cherry preserves
Crispy bacon
Few slices provolone cheese
1 slice toasted and buttered whole wheat bread

Place a toothpick into all four sides of the sandwich, then slice diagonally to form triangles. Plate with the pointed edge up.


8 comments:

  1. I'm drooling all over this!!! You would not believe how good this sandwich sounds. Never ever would have thought to add cherry preserves to a sandwich but this just sounds amazing. I will most definitely try this one out soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherries. Love! I had Ranier cherries for the first time last year and oh boy!!! I have also noticed a lot of cherries in our Farmer's Market this year. I am not sure where they are from, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a club either, but this sandwich looks great! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my son was little he discovered a neat trick. Just before eating put a few potato chips in the sandwich. Crunchy, salty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocquie, I made this for lunch today for the family and just wanted to let you know what an incredible flavor combination this sandwich had. Even my husband who wasn't sure if he would like the cherry preserves loved them!!! This is going in my permanent rotation. Thanks for posting this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susi, I'm glad ya'll liked it!

    ReplyDelete