Friday, December 11, 2009

Toffee Bars

For a few days, I have been baking and baby-sitting but not blogging. I had forgotten how time consuming a 3 1/2 month old baby can be. And how delightfully charming they are.

This is a very old recipe which I see posted on blogs every now and then. It is often accompanied by engaging stories about it being a friend's aunt's recipe. Or a grandmother's. And I am sure it was, and it is also Betty Crocker's recipe, which is listed in the 1969 edition of the classic cookbook. I only recently found out that my own Grandmother's famous pumpkin pie recipe, which has been used in our family for 4 generations, is also Betty Crocker's.

This recipe is easy to make, even while taking care of a baby, tastes delicious, and it looks very pretty on a cookie tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment