Sunday, June 26, 2011

Crazy Crust Pizza




Here's an old one for you.  The original recipe for Crazy Crust Pizza was from a bag of Pillsbury flour when you could buy one for twenty-nine cents, and the grocer still used a Garvey stamper for pricing. 


This is one of many, many pizzas made in my kitchen. I have made pizza dough from scratch, kneading by hand. I have used Boboli pre-made crust.  I have used pita bread, French bread, English muffins for making pizza. I have made thin crust, deep dish, individual, and party-size pizzas.  Heck I have even made little pizzas using crackers. 



And just how many pizzas have I made on this pan?


6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to try this! I love pizza

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks amazing! You can't beat those old tried and true recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee. I have a pan that looks like that.
    It actually has tiny slits where a knife has gone through.

    Now I'm wanting pizza for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I Love you I really really Love you!!! This was one of my brothers favorite pizza recipe I use to make and I had the exact same cut out from the sack but lost it over time!!! I have tried other ones that I have found over the years since crusing the Internet (and I never thought that it tasted the same)but NEVER found this one!!! You cannot KNOW how happy you have just made ME!!!! TY TY TY You are Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too !!!! Had this recipe as a teen and lost it. Been looking for it for years and just found this tonight !!!! Many many many thanks !!!!!!

      Delete
  5. this ia a really good pizza my grandpa makes alot and he has some own touches to it.

    ReplyDelete