Thursday, August 29, 2013

Banana Splits Boats


In thinking about making banana splits, I first thought of presentation. I didn't happen to have any proper banana splits boats sitting around. After all, I'd never even eaten one. And I don't know about you, but I'm not going to all the trouble to make something special, from scratch, only to serve it in something tacky.

I dreamed of many ways to make and serve the sundaes. I thought of making a bananas foster type dish and build on that. I thought about grilling the bananas. I thought of arranging scoops of ice cream on a dessert plate and placing bananas on each side like parenthesis.

Then one day, my shopping-loving husband came home with a pair of gorgeous crystal banana split dishes he found at an estate sale. They were perfect and my decision was made.




Aren't they pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment