Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cherry Blue Chicken Salad



I knew, when I planned the beer can chicken, I would use leftovers for chicken salad. And I really contemplated what I would use in chicken salad this time. I remembered those beautiful, fresh cherries arriving in our produce department and got excited about using them. Hmmm, what else would work? How about Blue Cheese. Yes, I think that will work.

3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 cups celery, sliced
1 cup Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and sliced
1 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted
6 oz. blue cheese, cut into cubes

Dressing for Chicken Salad

Serve over baby arugula.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, beer can chicken transformed into chicken salad! Great idea. The blue cheese is icing on the cake. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete